Conditions of hire and use
Conditions of Hire June 2019
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following the Village Hall Letting Secretary should be consulted immediately.
Please note that the premises known as Coxheath Residents Village Hall is a NO-SMOKING building.
1. The Hirer will, during the period of hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the premises - the fabric and the contents - their care, safety from damage (however slight) or change of any sort and for the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity; including proper supervision of parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway. Care should also be taken when opening and closing all curtains.
2. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises, or allow the premises to be used, for any unlawful purposes or in any unlawful way, nor to do anything, including keeping all passageways and foyers free from obstruction, which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof, nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor thereon without written permission.
3. The Hirer shall indemnify the Committee against the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the area surrounding the Hall or to the contents of the building which may occur during the period of the hiring, or as a result of the hiring and shall at the conclusion of the hiring ensure that the premises and contents thereof, including all the toilet facilities for use therein, are left in a clean and tidy condition, and that all furnishings included in the hiring are replaced in a clean condition and in the respective places and cupboards in which they were at the commencement of hiring. Decorations shall only be attached to the wall hooks provided for the purpose. No attachments shall be made to any other fixtures or fittings in the Hall.
4. The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that the premises are PROPERLY SECURED AND LOCKED, unless otherwise directed, and that the keys are returned to the key holder on completion of the hiring.
5. The Hirer SHALL BE AWARE THAT THE TIME BOOKED FOR AN EVENT IS THE TIME AT WHICH THEY MAY ENTER THE BUILDING AND ANY TIME NEEDED FOR SETTING UP OR DISMANTLING SHOULD BE INCLUDED WITHIN THE TIME BOOKED.
6. The Hirer shall be responsible for contacting the Police or any other Emergency Services should the occasion arise.
7. The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food or drink, observe all relevant food, health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
8. The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him/her to the premises and used therein, shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner.
9. The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age comply with the provisions of The Children's Act 1989 and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
10. Bouncy Castles, Air Inflated Devices used for sliding or jumping and Trampolines. See Separate requirements and restrictions before applying for the use of these devices
11. The Hirer shall clear away all rubbish into the dustbins provided at the front of the building and any excess shall be removed by the Hirer from the premises or the car parks or surcharge will be imposed. Also, if the purpose of hiring is a Jumble or other type of sale, the Hirer is responsible for making other arrangements to dispose of any surplus stock.
12. Liquids and sprays - Any use of sprays, aerosols and liquids are done so at the hirers own risk and must be removed from the hall premises at the end of the hire period.
13. The Committee reserves the right to refuse a booking without notice or to cancel the Hiring Agreement at any time either before or during the term of the Agreement. The Hirer shall be entitled to reimbursement of such monies, including the deposit or a proportion of the same, as have been paid by the Hirer to the Committee, but the Committee shall not be liable to make any payment to the Hirer.
14. In the event of the Committee having to cancel a booking due to the Hall being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government Election or Bye-Election, or the hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the purpose for which it has been hired, the Hirer shall be entitled to the refund of any hiring fee or deposit already paid, but not to any compensation for loss or damage whatsoever.
15. If the Hirer wishes to cancel a booking before the date of the event and the Committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of refund of any hiring fee or deposit already paid shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF HIRE
In accordance with an agreement with the Coxheath Parish Council and adjacent residents, THE HALL MUST BE CLEARED BY 11.45 p.m. It is suggested, therefore, that bands, discos and bars are advised to finish by 11.15 p.m. to give them time to clear the Hall by the 11.45 p.m. deadline.
If the Hirer does not comply with this condition, the Committee will consider it a breach of contract and will be at liberty to make an additional charge.
The Hirer agrees to be present during the hiring and to perform the provisions and stipulations contained or referred to in the Standard and Special Conditions of Hire for the time being in force as annexed hereto.
Special conditions for trampolines and bouncy castles June 2019
The use of Trampolines are prohibited in the Hall at all times and in the grounds during a hire period.
The use of Bouncy Castles are prohibited in the Hall at all times.
If a Bouncy Castle is to be used in the grounds during a period of hire, there are strict guidelines to be complied with including the Hirer providing their own personal insurance cover and an Indemnity to protect the Hall Management against any accident or incident occurring.
A separate Agreement must be signed and returned to the Letting Secretary a minimum of 21 days before the Event or the hire booking may be cancelled.